Hey there! I’m Madison, better known as Madi; a fourteen-year-old homeschooled professional blogger, YouTuber, minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and devil butt-kicker.
I’m committed to sharing the phenomenal love of Jesus & fulfilling the Great Commission, so I started Madi Grace to chronicle my life, journey, and travels of doing so. You can learn more about this blog here!
I post a lot about my journey to becoming an author, so writing posts are pretty frequent. I believe strongly in creating excellent moral fiction and that Christians should not be producing cheesy, second-rate entertainment. We’re pointing to Jesus; what are we pointing to Him with, trash or excellency?
Though proudly Houston-Texan born, I live with my wonderful mom and dad, older sister, and younger brother in Tampa, Florida, USA. Our family ministry is Power of God World Outreach.
Madi Grace Ministries is my personal ministry. Around early 2016, I realized I didn’t want to wait until I had graduated Bible college or received a license to become a minister. I wanted to be a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ right now. And the great thing about 2 Corinthians 5:18 is that there are no age restrictions.
Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation.
If you’re a born-again believer, you’re called to the ministry of bringing others to the phenomenal love of Jesus Christ.
Who’s up for a little about me? Actually, not a little. A lot. I don’t do little. Especially when it comes to the subject of ME.
Kidding. I’m kidding. That was clear, right?
MY GOD-GLORIFYING HOBBIES INCLUDE:
- Film production
- Graphic design
- Professional doll collecting
- Ah, yes, and I get a kick out of kicking the devil’s butt (pun intended).
FUN FACTS ABOUT ME THAT NOBODY ASKED FOR OR NECESSARILY WANTED BUT I FELT LIKE SHARING ANYWAY:
This is actually the shortened version. There used to be 101. BE GRATEFUL.
(They’re frequently updated. Le dun dun dun.)
- I’m fourteen years old
- My birthday is June 27th
- I’m homeschooled
- I wear glasses
- I have Invisalign
- I’m about 5″5′
- I’m writing a series of historical fiction romance epics (epic = a novel that’s 110k+) set in the Edo period of Japan. The series is tentatively called Warfare. And you’d better believe it’s epic shinobi and samurai awesomeness galore with some bounty hunters thrown in there. You can learn more at the post that explains it and the Warfare category!
- My favorite color is aquatic mint / electric turquoise (the lightest color on my header’s gradient)
- I lived in Texas until December 2014, when we moved here to Florida so my sister could go to Bible college
- I’m stubborn. Really stubborn. I have a will of iron. If we have opposing wishes, it’s game on.
- I’m a drama mama. I love being dramatic. 😄
- I see things from the big picture
- I like being sarcastic
- People call me funny, but I really think they just like laughing at me and my patheticness.
- Nice people and little things make my day so much. ❤️
- It’s extremely easy to make my day, make me smile, or make me laugh (unless, that is, we’re playing the no laughing game, in which case I will gladly win).
- In real life, I’m an extremely outgoing and crazy person once you get to know me but for some reason decide to be shy and quiet in 75% of other circumstances. Because I can.
- I’m very competitive when I’m not deciding to be shy.
- I’m quite the perfectionist.
- I do an insane amount of laughing. My missionary friend says that if I had to spend an entire year on an island without anyone else, he thinks I’d be just fine ’cause I make myself laugh so much. 😆
- I love to burst out in song at random moments, much to the chagrin of those around me. Not many people can stand my spontaneous ditties about random things or moments or my covers of whatever is stuck in my head, probably because I sound like a cow being slaughtered. How dare they. 😒
- I love and have a ton of inside jokes.
- I love music, especially dramatic epic score tracks and Christian dance, pop, electronica, rap, and house.
- I’m crazy. You have to be crazy to be able to do what I do.
- I love my friends and make friends everywhere. When I’m not deciding to be shy. 😉
- I daydream all the time. My imagination never gets a break.
- I love to travel.
- I’ve flown on an airplane… a lot.
- I’ve lived in an RV.
- I HATE PAIN. But I love being dramatic about it. If I have bang my knee, I immediately pretend I’m one of my warrior characters from my historical epic series and sprawl on the floor, gasping and pretending I’m bleeding o death while saying I love you to whomever that character is shipped with before I DIE.
- I’m not spoiled, just blessed. I believe that God wants me to prosper and that’s exactly why I’m prosperous. You can’t receive what you won’t believe!
- Life is deathly afraid of me. It tried to give me lemons once and I responded by squeezing lemons in its eyes and punching it in the face. I think I got a butt-kick in there, too.
- I love to read but don’t own many books (libraries. They’re awesome).
- I love to produce films and make movies with my friends. Acting is FUN.
- Most of what I’ve learned about grammar came from reading books and picking up things, not from my schooling. I think that’s supposed to mean I’m really smart.
- But I’m actually really… not.
- My close friends call me The Bottomless Pit. And they’re right. I can eat.
- I’m pretty bad at choosing favorites.
- Which is why I can’t choose a favorite song, or movie, or TV show, or food, or practically anything.
- I bet you guessed which Book is my favorite, though.
- I love dramatic quotes, witty quips, awesome mic drops, and epic one-liners.
- I take everything personally. It’s a part of being dramatic.
- Everyone is my rival. Also a part of being dramatic. Yep, you. I’m going to beat you at whatever it is you do.
- Kidding. I’m kidding. Mostly. That was clear, right?
- I’m very opinionated, but never want to hurt the feelings of people who are nice to me.
- If you aren’t nice to me, though… good luck.
- I get embarrassed very easily. 😩
- But I’m good at recovering.
- Most of the time.
- I’ve loved chocolate before I realized that it’s a stereotypical thing to love.
- I like setting trends, not following them.
- My favorite words are poopenburgen, phenomenal, catawampus, perpendicular, and epic. (Don’t ask).
- Crushes? Oh no, I don’t go there.
- Boyfriends? I definitely don’t go there.
- I hate getting interrupted. It’s one of my worst pet peeves ever. I’ll be all focused and into something with a huge deadline and then someone walks up and starts talking to me and I’m just like “CAN’T YOU SEE I’M BUSY?”
- I have a weird sentimental connection to certain things and places. Nostalgia.
- I like smiley faces, as you can probably tell. 😎
- I used to be able to do the right splits all the way down, but… I got busy and forgot to keep doing them.
- My middle name is something my dad saw in my eyes when I was a baby—God’s grace.
- I really hate being called a city slicker and will go to crazy measures to prove I’m not.
- I hate being assumed lazy, too, just because I do media stuff.
- I’ve pulled two all-nighters.
- I adore Japanese cuisine. Wanna make my day? Take me out for teriyaki chicken with lots of “yum” sauce and a California roll. I will love you forever.
- In fact, I’m really biased to anything Japanese simply because my historical epic series Warfare is set in Japan. (Minus J-pop, though. And anine. Now that’s just weird.)
- I’m a professional doll collector.
- I’m the most annoying person in the world. Don’t argue with me. You know it’s true.
- I offend people without even trying. It’s part of my DNA.
- I’ve got multi personalities.
- I’m not a seasonal fashionista. Whether it’s fall or summer, I like wearing clothes that make me feel epic.
- I also dress myself with dignity instead of looking like I’m a homeless bum who can’t afford a piece of clothing with enough material to properly clothe my priceless self. #ModestIsHottest
- I like group games… when I’m with people I actually like. 😏
- I used to absolutely hate jeans, but now I love them (as long as they’re skinny).
- I know I don’t sound like it, but I’m an extremely compassionate person.
- The subject of eternity wrecks my heart for the lost and drives me to tell anyone I can about the One who made a way. I wouldn’t wish for my worst enemy to go to hell. The fact that 75,000 people die a day, many of them having never even heard the name of Jesus in their entire lives, will make me cry at any given moment.
- I always love the bad guys in movies and stories, and I always play the evil villain in all the games I play. 😏
- I love to give! Blessing people and being generous seriously makes me so happy. It also helps that I’ve preached quite a few offering messages. 🤷🏻♀️
- I think of epic one-liners and mic-drops at the right moment about… 0.001% of the time. I think of epic one-liners and mic-drops days later in the middle of the night about… 99.999% of the time.
- I have hilarious responses to situations. Like my family might call “Love you!” as I’m walking away and I’ll say something weird off the top of my head like “You’re welcome!”
- I kick the devil’s butt. Professionally.
DUDE. YOU SURVIVED AND STAYED? I’M SO IMPRESSED. MOST WOULD BE SCARED OFF BY NOW. 😏
IF YOU’RE ALIVE, LET ME KNOW! JUST HIT LIKE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.